Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:46:50 +0000 -n
Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com> írta:

> Uhm, one more follow-up and I'll shut-up....
No please, do not stop :-)
I like these discussions, see below.

> Note this isn't about technical superiority, it's about mindset and
> education. Google GFS isn't particularly clever or technically
> strategy). Thus I contend that it's not about whether or not
> developers are capable it's that they think differently. There's
This is (one of) my problem(s) and expect as a hindrance for others in
similar situation.
The mindset alone is not always enough. I feel lucky to finally
have an opportunity for doing real work with River. With no practical
experience with Jini (just read a lot), working alone with no one
knowledgable in the field I am at the mercy of my own capabilities. The
web, mailing lists are of great help, but the pieces of information of
making a _real_ system based on River scarce or non-existent. I am
uncertain what and how I do is the appropriate way of doing things. It
is hard to convince a boss to spend money on consultancy, mentorship
(which I see as the shortest path to get that knowledge) if the thing
is not something "serious" mainstream, but a thing they never even
heard of. Without it the only way is going through the usual hurdles of
self-education which is not bad, but it is full of bitter experiences
and takes times mostly not torelable by a real project, or managers
even if they trust in you. Imagine when they are not even too
supporting...

Zsolt