Is it possible for you to subclass LookupLocator and override the getRegistrar method?

Alternatively you could subclass ConstrainableLookupLocator and subclass com.sun.jini.discovery.internal.MultiIPDiscovery, this is far simpler to implement and would allow you to inject a socket into ConstrainabledLookupLocator and use Discovery V2 or V1.

This could be done cleanly without making LookupLocator more a cludge than it is already.

Discovery V1 used by LookupLocator was upgraded in Jini 2.0 with Discovery V2 in LookupLocatorDiscovery and ConstrainableLookupLocator.

How badly do you need it?

Regards,

Peter.