On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Bryan Thompson <br...@systap.com> wrote:

> Hello, I put together a test to examine what would occur if a local service
> submits an RMI (via jeri) to a remote service.

> (this would be easier if I had a pointer to a pattern for starting and
> killing the child process that I could use for a river test).  But first I
> wanted to see what people's expectations were for the remote service when the
> RMI is interrupted. Should there be an attempt to propagate the interrupt to
> the method on the remote service?

Hi Bryan,

A number of years ago Ann Wollrath (the inventor of RMI) wrote some example code
related to RMI call cancellation; providing both a JRMP and a JERI
configuration.
Although the example is old and hasn't been maintained, it may provide
the sort of
guidance and patterns you're looking for.

You can find the source code and related collateral at the following link:

<https://java.net/projects/bodega/sources/svn/show/trunk/src/archive/starterkit-examples/src/com/sun/jini/example/cancellation?rev-219>

I hope this helps,
Brian