Ongoing elimination of multithreaded issues with River code is causing division among remaining developers.

To make matters worse, due to the sheer number of issues found, the protacted duration required to fix them would likely make the situation worse, this work needed to be completed in a short period of time, however it has taken far longer than desired.

For this reason, I'm considering whether the code in qa_refactor should no longer form the basis of a release.

What I would expect this to do is remove tensions over perceived risks of change.

If this proposal is supported, I'd also reccommend that trunk be reverted back to the 2.2 River branch, with the exception of Sim's work on ClassLoading, which should be included.

Provided there is support, change trunk to review then commit without lazy concensus.

I would finish the work on qa_refactor and solve the remaining multithreaded issues (on a longer lower pressure time schedule), the River community can then decide whether it wants to use code from qa_refactor on an as needed basis. I believe that the River community will find this code a useful reference for latent multithreaded bugs.

Regards,

Peter Firmstone.