On 25/05/2014 11:07 AM, Greg Trasuk wrote:
On May 24, 2014, at 8:42 PM, Peter Firmstone<j...@zeus.net.au>  wrote:

On 23/05/2014 9:53 PM, Simon IJskes - QCG wrote:
Yes, if possible we could sync up the trunk, by visual diffing trunk and
qa_refactor, merging patches into trunk, commiting to trunk and release in
small controlled steps. Netbeans is capable of doing that.

Gr. Simon

The original concern raised, was significant changes between the 2.2 branch and
trunk.   Qa_refactor is branched off trunk although trunk has a couple of
commits after the branch point, so it'd probably be easier to apply those
changes to qa_refactor, rather than the other way around.

However I suspect what you meant was to apply the changes in qa_refactor to the
2.2 branch?

I thought the plan was to merge qa_refactor over to trunk, and leave the 2.2.
branch as-is.

Greg.

Yes I believe it is, but we already have an svn commit history with comments that explain changes from a recent trunk snapshot, we'd loose those comments, since trunk has been relatively static, it would be easier to merge trunk into qa_refactor and replace trunk.

My understanding is that we'd release qa_refactor and make incremental changes to it in multiple releases until it stabilised.

Trunk was branched because it became unstable.

Although qa refactor is quite stable, looking at Jenkins you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise, it's worth remembering the current snapshot hasn't run on Jenkins. I have enabled a test that failed (as documented) during the Jini 2.1 release, that is now stable.

ServiceDiscoveryManager still has a race that presents occassionally, but I don't think its a reason not to release.

IIOP isn't running on IBM J9, it hasn't had the opportunity for a full test run, but results so far are better than expected.

For now I'm waiting for Jenkins to run the current snapshot on all architectures, probably a couple of weeks wait for the outcome.

Regards,