Also, I am still on this list, and can aid with answering question in
details, but not really to put in hours to do the actual work.

The maven-bnd-plugin does most things right, but there is always a question
of hiding internal packages/classes. Instead of aiming for running 'naked'
on a blank OSGi container, I think it is generally better to start out with
something like Apache Karaf. It will provide a lot for relatively little,
incl so called wrapping of JARs into Bundles, provided by Pax URL[1]
project, which also provides URL references of various kinds for many
things. So, even if not going with Karaf, take a look at Pax URL.

And in River, there is likely to be classloading issues, and although
"Dynamic-ImportPackage" is available as a last resort, it should be
avoided. Almost always the context classloader is a "mess", and there is a
tendency of memory leaks when it is involved.

[1] https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/paxurl/Pax+URL

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
http://polygene.apache.org <http://zest.apache.org> - New Energy for Java