Miscommunication... as usual :D

Anyway - I was really interested why you find the need for the bootstrap proxy to be necesarilly a dynamic proxy
(since you seemed to find it very important from the security standpoint)
- wanted to find out whether there were any issues in my thinking about providing a "code downloading object".
Seems like there are not.

Cheers,
Michal

Peter wrote:
Oh I thought it was part of your SmartProxyWrapper?

Who'd have thought you were talking about my work lol!  I wouldn't agree with
me either!

My work:
1. new secure discovery protocols that include registrar codebase url and
signers.
2. authenticate lookup service during disco, grant minimal permissions if auth
successful. If unsuccessful no codebase download no deserialization.
3. lookup service proxy can't unmarshall proxy's from other services (insufficient permission), only has auth for its smart proxy url. 4. lookup service can only return dynamic proxy tokens that the proxy preparer can use to contact and authenticate each service. These tokens are loaded in lookup service proxy ClassLoader (sorry no codebase annotations, no codebase downloads, min permission). Lookup service not granted permission to make network connections, can't unmarshall smart proxys for other services.
5. All communications over trusted connections after auth.
6. Input validation for deserialization.

The code and docs are on github for all to see. The interfaces the tokens
impliment are documented in SafeServiceRegistrar.

The code actually does what I've described above, but don't take my word for
it, check it for youself. :)

If you disagree, don't use it.  There is no highlander principle here, you are
free to implement alternatives.  In fact I encourage you to do so as this can
only serve to increase understanding.

Cheers,

Peter

Sent from my Samsung device.