Hi Bushnu,

The plan is to donate this code back to River after completing River's modular build (on a per module basis, hopefully it will be more digestible for community review that way), it may be subject to change following community review.  If people find it useful, that should improve the likely-hood of it's acceptance, I would appreciate any feedback.

LookupLocator can be used for https unicast lookup as documented:

https://github.com/pfirmstone/JGDMS/blob/trunk/JGDMS/jgdms-platform/src/main/java/net/jini/core/discovery/LookupLocator.java

Reggie needs to be configured to support https unicast, it is not documented at this time as it is still experimental.

This is the Reggie code that reads in the configuration:

this.httpsUnicastPort = Config.getIntEntry(
            config, COMPONENT, "httpsUnicastDiscoveryPort",
            443, 0, 0xFFFF);
this.enableHttpsUnicast = config.getEntry(COMPONENT,
            "enableHttpsUnicast" ,Boolean.class , Boolean.FALSE);

Using IPv6 multicast requires the following properties to be set, I've been using IPv6 for some time now.  Note only the announcement protocol can be global. :)

System Property         Purpose
java.net.preferIPv6Addresses This property is interpreted as a boolean value. If true, jini-announcement <https://pfirmstone.github.io/JGDMS/old-static-site/doc/specs/html/discovery-spec.html#19194> and jini-request <https://pfirmstone.github.io/JGDMS/old-static-site/doc/specs/html/discovery-spec.html#40029> protocols will use IPv6 multicast addresses: IANA IPv6 Multicast Addresses <http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-multicast-addresses/ipv6-multicast-addresses.xhtml> net.jini.discovery.GLOBAL_ANNOUNCE This property is interpreted as a boolean value. If true, jini-announcement <https://pfirmstone.github.io/JGDMS/old-static-site/doc/specs/html/discovery-spec.html#19194> will join the global multicast address group FF0X::155. If false the jini-announcement protocol will join the site local multicast address group FF05::155. As defined in RFC4291, IPv6 multicast addresses which are only different in scope represent different groups. Clients joining the global group, will not receive site local announcement packets and vice versa.

You're probably best downloading and building from the latest source as it contains improvements, however it's also available at Maven Central.

https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/au.net.zeus.jgdms

Regards,

Peter.