Dave, you can add my +1.

Signatures checked out. I did a default from-scratch installation of RC7 on Tomcat 7.0.11, Java 6.0.25, MySQL Ver 5.1.41, MySQL JDBC (Connector/J) 5.1.13, Ubuntu 10.04. The installation went smoothly, but I did notice the following exception in the roller.log

ERROR 2011-05-06 07:47:07,550 JPAMediaFileManagerImpl:upgradeFileStorage - ERROR upgrading java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/gangolli/roller_data/uploads/migration-status.properties (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:194)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:84)
at org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.JPAMediaFileManagerImpl.upgradeFileStorage(JPAMediaFileManagerImpl.java:713) at org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.jpa.JPAMediaFileManagerImpl.initialize(JPAMediaFileManagerImpl.java:83) at org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.WebloggerImpl.initialize(WebloggerImpl.java:342) at org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.struts2.core.Install.bootstrap(Install.java:159)

I'm expecting this was just caught and ignored in the from-scratch installation case? I tried a post with a simple image to exercise the media file upload, and it seemed to go just fine.

--a.