Hi Greg, I don't think the theme.xml needs to be altered for that, it would be redundant...the presence of multiple theme definitions automatically should mean that both templates are active, based on their <type/> element. Below is part of the theme.xml for the basic theme:

    <template action="weblog">
        <name>Weblog</name>
        <description>weblog</description>
        <link></link>
        <navbar>false</navbar>
        <hidden>true</hidden>
        <templateCode>
<templateLanguage>velocity</templateLanguage>
            <contentType>text/html</contentType>
            <contentsFile>weblog.vm</contentsFile>
            <type>standard</type>
        </templateCode>
        <templateCode>
<templateLanguage>velocity</templateLanguage>
            <contentType>text/html</contentType>
<contentsFile>weblog-mobile.vm</contentsFile>
            <type>mobile</type>
        </templateCode>
    </template>

By virtue of the fact that one <templateCode> has a type of "standard" and the other has "mobile" means they're both active for their respective types. If the person doesn't want mobile he can just comment-out the latter <templateCode> definition, that should suffice I think. Otherwise you're gonna have people uncomment the second <templateCode/> and get confused why it isn't activating, forgetting that they also forgot to add in a new <useMobileTheme>true</useMobileTheme> element.

I think these edit programs use the YUI css tab.  Are we sticking with YUI?

I think you mean the JSP pages that we use to edit blog entries (EntryEdit.jsp for example), yes, I just noticed it uses YUI. YUI should be fine, definitely for 5.1, if ain't broke don't fix it. Still, I put in a JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-2019) for us to update our YUI library to a recent release of it (we're using a YUI from 2009), as that YUI apparently is also used by themes wanting that library, and I'd like theme customizers to have access to the latest and greatest. Feel free to grab it if you wish.

Glen