5.) Shelan, another contributor around 2010 created a mobile weblog view
for a blog, as you can see in the upper-right corner here:
http://www.nailedtothex.org/roller/kyle/entry/nested-list-element-issue-of1
.  The mobile theme doesn't seem to work right today (that blog entry at
that link shows the problems with it, the blogger had to make changes
basically making it a standard blog anyway, and even with those changes I
saw further errors with it.)  What Shelan did was very nice circa 2010
(before Bootstrap existed) but might be frowned upon today, I think one is
expected to use a responsive theme today when you want to support all types
of devices, rather than have (antiquated?) "click here for mobile" and
"click here for standard" buttons.  Unsure, but we may wish to pull this
out of the basic theme once fauxcoly and gaurav are better established.

The mobile theme will switch automatically if you view with a mobile
device, the button is there as a preview and example.  Use an user agent
switcher.

I guess mobile first will become the standard, but what I like about the
separate theme you can still use your investment in your existing design
(desktop) and then a responsive design for the mobile/tablets, where you
can target more the mobile devices rather than one fits all design (which
tend to be more mobile centric than desktop).  Yes more work but for roller
the themes are quite simple.

Surfing an a mobile?  hmm, think apps are the way to go as you get more
"lockin" and a much better user experience.  ...a whole lot more work and
complexity however.