Thanks team for working on this.
The suggested concepts looks very nice.

Just an idea, we can have a survey (on the users mailing list) to conclude the
new logo.
I have designed a basic survey[1], please have a look.
If we planned to move with the survey option, I will be happy to help in
designing/updating the survey.

+1 to use "o" part as favicon for Roller.

[1] https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PZSNTGS

Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
www.apache.org