Hello team,

I followed the steps mentioned in this document to build the Roller
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/How+to+build+Roller

Thanks for the document, everything worked as expected.

Can somebody please suggest me what is the best practice to build and
verify the changes.

So, I have done something like this,

1. Start the server from command mvn jetty:run
2. Created admin user and some content
2. Edit the 'roller/app/src/main/webapp/themes/basic/_day.vm' file
3. To see the changes, restart the sever run mvn jetty:run

These steps deleted my content which I have created earlier like user,
blog, etc.
Due to this, to verify my change, I have to create the above content again.

As mentioned in the above document,
mvn jetty:run starts with empty Roller database

Is there any way to persist my changes and what are the process
generally followed by developers.

Thanks & regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
www.apache.org