Hi -

> On Oct 24, 2017, at 11:10 AM, Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here’s how I see things:
>
> 1. For the immediate, we want a good web presence. If putting the WordPress
> site on wordpress.com <http://wordpress.com/> with a CNAME entry pointing to
> royale.apache.com <http://royale.apache.com/> is the fastest way to get
> there, we should start with that.

Here is nslookup for feathercast:

nslookup feathercast.apache.org
Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
feathercast.apache.org  canonical name = feathercastapache.wordpress.com.
feathercastapache.wordpress.com canonical name = lb.wordpress.com.
Name:   lb.wordpress.com
Address: 192.0.78.12
Name:   lb.wordpress.com
Address: 192.0.78.13
.

This suggests that royaleapache would be the subdomain from WP.com
<http://wp.com/>.

We may want this domain to be blog.royale.apache.org

> 2. We should look into getting a static version of the site, so the site can
> be edited on Github and pushed to royale.apache.com
> <http://royale.apache.com/>. That is more ideal than having private access to
> a WordPress installation.
> 3. We should contact greatives and see if they would give us permission to
> reuse the css and js for a static site. (possibly with attribution)
> 4. We should ask trademarks@ and/or legal@ whether the terms (assuming we get
> them) are ok from an Apache perspective.

I think we should ask infrastructure and then possibly legal-discuss about any
theme terms.

> 5. Assuming #4 and #5 work out, we will probably want various pieces of our
> site constructed using this styling i.e. main site, docs, blog (as a
> WordPress installation), examples.

Regards,
Dave