Yes, Happy New Year to one and all.

I couldn't figure out what to snip, so I'm top-posting...

I've been buried with compiler and build process work, so it has been
months since I actually tried to build something from the very beginning.
Maybe we can get some other folks to try to build something from scratch
as well or build out examples in a "Tour de Royale" and see if there are
issues.  Peter said he looked over the examples recently and they seemed
fine.  Once I get through the build scripting I will take a look.

However, I still believe the Apache Way is incremental improvement.
Having a big public launch will be great some day, but I'm not sure how
soon that day is, and until we get there, we need to make releases with
incremental gains and try to target folks who are willing to be pioneers
and help us build out the thing we have a big public launch about someday.
 Also, we will have limited budget for a big public launch.  I keep
thinking that we need to grow virally like any other social media
phenomenon.  And that means making one customer happy, then two customers,
then four, etc.  And testimonials will be important to have when folks
come to investigate Royale, so it doesn't make sense to me to wait until
some big launch day.

I agree that most folks will not come to Royale at first for an extensible
component model for their website, but IMO, the sooner we can show that
our all of our web presence was built in Royale, the better off we are,
and also, I am always searching for a "hook" that will continue to
convince Adobe to keep paying me to work on Royale, so I am trying to find
new ways to use Royale in hopes that one of them will get people
interested in Royale at Adobe.  My main focus will still be on migrating
people's Flex apps, but it might be helpful to me to have made a certain
amount of progress on some other approaches that might be important to the
folks who pay me.

I understand that we CAN publish your version of the site as the Royale
website, but AIUI, that is mainly because the ASF does not "release" web
sites.  Also, I'm not sure they did a thorough investigation of the
licensing of all of the fonts used because it doesn't truly matter for an
ASF project's web site.  But if we want to cut over to a Royale version of
the web site some day, I would want the source to be ALv2 compatible, and
I don't see how ET-Line is ALv2 compatible.  So, please explain how
ET-Line is ALv2 compatible or please try to find a way to replace its use
in your version of the site so that portion of the site won't have to
change some day when we want to cut over to the Royale version.

Thanks,
-Alex