I just tried it with Maven and it worked.  I didn't run the example, I
just opened App.css and saw that the contents of TextField.css are in
there.

For some reason, there were some puzzling results on merging in your
changes.  It wanted me to push commits you had made.  Not sure why or if
that would affect your results.

HTH,
-Alex