OK, then I think we are on roughly the same page.  Earlier I proposed a map of
package names to short names.  However, I just realized that it needs to be a
map of MXML namespaces to short names, and metadata won't work because I think
the rules get chosen by MXML namespace instead of package names because you can
map the same class into different MXML namespaces.  If you want to map
"library://ns.apache.org/jewel" to ".jewel." it would have the desired result.

My 2 cents,
-Alex