The data structure seems to have a slot to hold a namespace.  I think there is
code somewhere that checks the namespace to avoid the outputting some error,
but it may not be storing it.

The short term solution may be to remove menu from the list of htmlelements.
Does anybody actually use it?

HTH,
-Alex