Hi -

I did some validation on the release and have some observations particularly on
the Maven build.

(1) It downloads a huge number of files from repository.apache.org and
maven.repo.apache.org. This could be a source of trouble for people on
different continents.

(2) It fails in asks with:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.royale.compiler:royale-maven-plugin:0.9.4:compile-as
(default-compile-as) on project Core: Could not resolve dependencies for
project org.apache.royale.framework:Core:swc:0.9.4: Failure to find
com.adobe.air.framework:airglobal:swc:20.0 in
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases was cached in the
local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval
of apache-release has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please
read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

This looks like a real problem with the Maven build

(3) The ant build worked fine although I was asked a couple of questions during
the processing and that might confuse some people.

Regards,
Dave