For what it’s worth, I find using conditional breakpoints will get me around
the need to record instance names most of the time. You can use an object’s
dimensions, className, etc. to make sure it’s the one you need.

________________________________
From: Olaf Krueger <m...@olafkrueger.net>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 4:13:49 PM
To: dev@royale.apache.org
Subject: How to identify object instances (StableObjectId)?

Hi
IIRIC, in Flex/AS3 each object is identified by a unique id, something like
MyClass@aa77fdre7ee.

I need to identify a certain object instance while debugging a Royale app
but didn't find this kind of identifier.

Instead, I found this:

[[StableObjectId]]:35

Is this the pendant to the object id which I described above?
IOW:
When I want to make sure that I am working with the right instance of an
object, is this StableObjectId a proper way to trace this?

Thanks,
Olaf

--
Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/