That’s my understanding too.

________________________________
From: Olaf Krueger <m...@olafkrueger.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:34:00 PM
To: dev@royale.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to identify object instances (StableObjectId)?

Thanks, Yishay... it really seems that StableObjectId is coming from Chrome.

> You can use an object’s dimensions, className, etc. to make sure it’s the
> one you need.
> I do this all the time to break on specific values.

Just to make sure that I got it right:
What if we create a couple of instances of the same class, all objects are
in the same initial state, all objects are total equal e.g.:

var instance1:MySuperComponent = new MySuperComponent();
var instance2:MySuperComponent = new MySuperComponent();
var instance3:MySuperComponent = new MySuperComponent();

In Flex, the object id can be used to distinguish between those objects out
of the box.
Is my understanding right that in Royale, we have to modify or add an object
property (e.g UUID) of/to each particular object in order to be able to
distinguish between all instances.

Thanks,
Olaf

--