Hi!

Read it! :), was long but I think this emails are needed since it brings
many thoughts that only the developer knows and otherwise would end never
known by the rest of the community. So Great!

Greg, first, many thanks for working on this. I think we get other point
solved, and I think not only Vector, but many other fixes and things coming
in your branch.

For my part, as you said, the branch is tested against my real project,
that I think is a very good way to test against lots of working code. So
for my is ok to merge, not only cause it does not brake anything, but cause
it's a big step forward.

Since it brings things we didn't have before like Vector, is good to bring
this. Then we can continue iterating to add missed things like AMF support
or to evolve to other state or even change internal things if other check
and see ways of enhancements.

About the Vector implementation. My opinion is that I think as you that
Vector is an intrinsic part of AS3, so better to have an implementation to
complete AS3 in Royale. About having multiple implementations, I think that
could be good in the future if things can be done that way, but better
start from this starting point and see what happens in next months-years.
IOW, better have a real implementation now that a potentially one that
still is not here. We need to see the goal and approach to it progressively
or we end getting nothing since the goal is a huge one not easy to reach.

For me the 3kb is totally normal, and as well a great achievement of your
implementation.
I must say that my way of thinking in Royale is to be totally aligned with
concepts like PAYG, but sometimes we need to break rules when the goal
demand it, or we can end trying to apply the same principle to all things,
when sometimes is not the best. So this is importante, rules are really
good, but we need to always put behind a layer of human thinking about what
we are trying to accomplish

Thanks Greg for reaching another important milestone! Amazing work! :)

Carlos

PD: Piotr, about gmail cutting the email, I'm using gmail and get to read
it completely, maybe could be a problem of gmail in mobile? I'm reading on
gmail desktop. The only problem I had was reading posted source code, but
since it was tiny, I could finally read it...