> On May 28, 2019, at 11:12 AM, Greg Dove <greg.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "I personally have never used length checking in Vector. Nor was runtime
>> type checking on Vectors important to me. "
> length checking is automatic in flash. I don't know that you 'use' it... it
> is just there.

True. What I meant is that I never used fixed length Vectors.

> In javascript I expect it would most often be switched off in all release
> builds, but having it on by default provides another check of something
> that could provide a vital clue to help people figuring out problems in
> code.
> So far each 'stronger typing' feature added in the last few months has
> revealed potential issues or - most often - bad code that was working when
> it should not

Good points, and one that argues for the ability to have these checks while
debugging and have the run-time code removed on release.

> One thing about the mxml stuff is that it gets processed in a way that is
> untyped.

Agree. I do wish there was some way for MXML to be output “better” where
minified vars could “just work” and types could be better inferred from the
MXML files.