I don't think that's acceptable.  As you mentioned earlier, that is a large
portion of what Parsons has contributed to Rya.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aaron.miha...@gmail.com>
Date: 10/6/16 10:16 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: dev@rya.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Path forward for release

After reviewing the PR that David submitted, it's concerning the number of
projects that would fall into this "optional" bin.  Some users probably
consider these "core" functions (e.g. reasoning and web):

Here the modules that need to be removed from the build in order to remove
the geotools references:

mapreduce
indexing
rya.indexing.pcj