Hey all,

We haven't done a release in a couple of months, and I think master is
getting to the point where it's got enough work to warrant a release. We've
(LinkedIn) begun running a couple of our jobs against `master` last week,
and will continue to test for stability.

Here are the JIRAs that I think we should try and get done before 0.9.0 is
released (sorted in priority order):

SAMZA-458
Close in KafkaSystemProducer should flush all source buffers
SAMZA-497
Add MetricsSnapshotSerde back
SAMZA-543
Disable WAL in RocksDB KV store
SAMZA-567
Can't interact with KV store from InitiableTask.init()
SAMZA-506
Shutdown container on SIGTERM
SAMZA-571
Add task interface suppress uncaught exceptions
SAMZA-576
Transient failures in
TestKafkaSystemAdmin.testShouldGetOldestNewestAndNextOffsets
SAMZA-505
CachedStore doesn't support Array keys well

Here's what I propose:

1. Cut an 0.9.0 branch.
2. Work on getting as many of these JIRAs done as possible.
3. Target a release vote on the week of March 23.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Chris