We are testing some jobs on a YARN grid and noticed they are often not starting up
properly due to being unable to connect to the job coordinator. After some
investigation it seems as if the jobs are always getting a coordinator URL of
http://127.0.0.1:<port>  But my understanding is that the coordinator runs only
in the AM, so I'd expect these URLs to more often than not be to some other machine.
Looking at the code however, I'm not sure how that would ever happen since the URL
for the coordinator always comes from InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress() in
org.apache.samza.coordinator.server.HttpServer#getUrl

Am I off base here?  Because I don't see how this is ever going to work in
scenarios where the AM is on a different node than the containers.

--
Tommy Becker
Senior Software Engineer

Digitalsmiths
A TiVo Company

www.digitalsmiths.com<http://www.digitalsmiths.com>
tobec...@tivo.com<mailto:tobec...@tivo.com>

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged material
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or
distribution of this email (or any attachments) by others is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete this email and any attachments. No employee or agent of TiVo
Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc. by
email. Binding agreements with TiVo Inc. may only be made by a signed written
agreement.