Hi Yi

My colleague found that samza automatically set log compaction when
creating the checkpointing topic.

Topic:__samza_checkpoint_ver_1_for_xxx_1 PartitionCount:1
ReplicationFactor:3 Configs:segment.bytes=26214400,cleanup.policy=compact

Topic: __samza_checkpoint_ver_1_for_xxx_1 Partition: 0 Leader: 66 Replicas:
66,24,65 Isr: 24,65,66

So, the problem is not log-compaction.