> One minor thing I found is that the name of the config is camel case
(*processor.idGenerator.class*). Seems Samza's practice is to use all lower
case configs with "." delimiter. Do you think we should stick to this
convention?

I am always torn between the "convention" we have and the better way of
doing things. But I don't have strong opinions about it. I can change it.

> One more suggestion is to have a static factory method in the
ProcessorIdGenerator (Like what we have in ApplicationRunner):

I couldn't grasp these requirements from the ApplicationRunner design. It
will be great if you can put it out in an SEP :)

I can add the static factory method for it. Just to clarify, the static
method simply class loads the ProcessorIdGenerator ? It uses reflection to
create the instance ?

Thanks!
Navina