Michael Meeks wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 23:35 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
or else some way to introduce a process to allow modification of the
existing, published interfaces.

        So - the thing that is most interesting about this is that this should
not be impossible to achieve, at least for C++.

        Surely, we can construct a dynamic proxy if we discover that the size
of the interface queried for >= sizeof that implemented, that stubs, or
maps the extra vtable slots as appropriate ? That might allow appending
methods to existing interfaces ?

        Java & co. would require more thought than C++ I guess, they'd be a
spanner in the works :-) has this been considered at all ?

FYI: <http://udk.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=3894>

-Stephan