On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 22:37 +0100, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi Kohei,
>
> On Tuesday, 2008-03-18 14:13:43 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
>
> > I'd like to make sure one thing before I go with this.  It seems to me
> > that, if we tie the separators to ScCompiler::mxSymbolsNative, then it
> > will not be possible to switch between the Excel style separators and
> > the conventional OOo style separators.
>
> Why not? It should be possible to exchange those few values during
> runtime, or did I miss something?

Ok.  If you say it's possible then I'll take your word for it. :-)

I said what I said because the code looked like once the symbol maps are
initialized at start-up they don't get modified during run-time.  But I
guess I could change it to make it modifiable at run-time, or force it
to re-initialize when the user changes the setting.  Indeed there is
this ScCompiler::DeInit() that could be useful for this (which I didn't
see). :-)

> > But is that desirable?
> >
> > My original intention was to support switching between the two separator
> > styles, but using mxSymbolsNative that will not be possible unless I'm
> > missing something.
>
> But you wouldn't switch arbitrarily between styles, would you? If the
> user selects a style, that style would be valid for all formulas. It
> would not be a per cell setting, not even per document. Again, maybe
> I missed something and there's a scenario I'm not aware of.

No, that's not what I meant.  I meant one global configuration option
and I believe that's also what you have in mind.  So, I think we are
good here.

Thanks,

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida - OpenOffice.org Engineer - Novell, Inc.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>