Title: Szalai Kálmán
Hello Niklas!

On 2010-06-04 10:42, Niklas Nebel wrote:
On 06/04/10 09:12, Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai wrote:
We are working on a Validator that checks the formulas, cells, etc in Calc. The extension is written in Java. What is the main conditions that we should check and fix?
Currently we are checking for
reference to empty cell
refelence to text cell
non used value cells in formulas.

What other validations should we do?

Maybe we can select some from this list:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/0315CG-CalcErrorCodes.pdf

We have that on the list of suggested projects for the OpenOffice.org Internship (http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Internship/ProjectProposals). Maybe you want to be the mentor for one of the students to define and implement additional checks?
We started this out of OpenOffice.org Intership program. I am thinking about the possible other checkt (the current version of Validator extension implements these checks, so we are looking more. For example excluded cells from sum, for example. Excel has this functionality.

Also we created an extension for Watch Window but we had problem with R1C1 notation. Kohei was so kind to patch it, then we had problem with references in some system. All extension is opensorce, so I can send the code, or the extension for analysis.

Is it in the extensions repository?
Because this extension is not production quality we are still working on it, but we hit a problem that we can't avoid. If you interested I can send two version of it,
one that works well with A1 reference modell another (patched by Kohei) works well with A1 and R1C1 notation but drops mystery reference errors. So that is why we did not uploaded to the extension repo.

Niklas