Hello all

The Sedona root pom.xml file declares some GeoTools modules as dependencies that user must add themselves [1]. But I do not know if those dependencies are optional. Can Sedona works without them, as requested by [2]? Alternatively, would it be conceivable to replace them by Apache SIS [3]? The GeoTools modules that are used seems to be for referencing services and GeoTIFF support, both of them being services offered by Apache SIS as well. The API for referencing services should be similar, making transition easier.

Is there any interest for such migration? If yes, I would be glad to help.

    Martin

[1]https://github.com/apache/incubator-sedona/blob/5c0f92701b45d49dbab78a5366776e30b0fef834/pom.xml#L135
[2]https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional
[3]https://sis.apache.org/