Hello Mo

Thanks for the reply.

Le 09/12/2022 à 14:13, Mo Sarwat a écrit :

That sounds like a good idea - thanks for the proposal. But, we first need to
consider the following:

1. Make sure that will not break other components in Sedona
2. The speed of using SIS is at least  the same as GeoTools.  Better if faster
for sure

It is difficult to know without trying; I have no benchmark with GeoTools. A benchmark with PROJ (the C library) was done 5 years ago [1], but is outdated because Java 9 vastly increased the speed of trigonometric functions, and PROJ 6 changed its architecture making it closer to Apache SIS (search "SIS" on [2]). I think that the only way to answer those questions would be to try migration in a branch.

    Martin

[1]https://www.geomatys.com/2017/08/28/proj-4-versus-apache-sis-a-performance-comparison/
[2]https://gdalbarn.com/