Hey Ivan,

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Ivan Zhakov <i...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
> On 6 April 2015 at 20:49, Ivan Zhakov <i...@visualsvn.com> wrote:

Huh? We always used a check on the next version of serf to check for
trunk code, why is that not possible anymore?
It's 2 years after you added the get_remaining API, and it's still not
used in Subversion.

> Hi Lieven,
>
> I still don't understand your arguments on reverting get_remaining()
> feature. Why you consider get_remaining() as isn't finished?

I consider it as not finished because many bucket types don't have a
get_remaining implementation, not even a default function, just NULL.
If you use such a bucket in an aggregate bucket, you'll get a quite nasty crash.

> The read_bucket_v2() linking problem also apply to your serf_config_t
> feature, but we didn't reverted it from trunk.
>
> Also adding this feature latter will require read_bucket_v3() which
> increase the mess.
>
> --
> Ivan Zhakov

My guess was then, and still is, that this feature can wait a release.
I'm not against the feature, I'm against adding features that will not
be used.

Lieven