On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Bert Huijben <b...@qqmail.nl> wrote:

> [...]

This test works most of the time, but will fail on slower systems, or
with logging enabled. I think it's caused by an issue in the test
framework  but I doubt this test is really useful.
What it tests, is that serf handles an SSL Alert with the correct
error code. The SSL Alert is normally sent by the test server when it
expects a client certificate, but the test explicitly doesn't send
one.
The test fails when the server didn't have the chance to send the
alert bytes, but for that it gets only one chance, as the server loop
isn't repeated as soon as the test framework reports an error.

We can disable this test for now.

> 2) test_ssl_server_cert_with_san_and_empty_cb:
> /srv/subversion/buildbot/slave/serf-x64-macosx/build/test/test_util.c:541:
> expected <0> but was <120199>
> (See
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/serf-x64-macosx/builds/6/steps/Test/logs/stdio)
>
> And Mac reports with openssl 0.9.8
> 1) test_ssl_server_cert_with_san_and_empty_cb:
> /srv/subversion/buildbot/slave/serf-x64-macosx-default-openssl/build/test/test_util.c:541:
>  expected <0> but was <120199>
> (See
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/serf-x64-macosx-default-openssl/builds/1/steps/Test/logs/stdio)

I managed to fix this test by recreating all certificates using the
create_certs.py script. Not sure what changes though, the certificate
used by this test is very simple (just like the others). Worth looking
into a bit deeper.

> And with a more recent openssl:
> 1) test_ssl_server_cert_with_san_and_empty_cb:
> /srv/subversion/buildbot/slave/serf-x64-macosx-apr1_5/build/test/test_util.c:541:
>  expected <0> but was <120199>
> 2) test_ssl_renegotiate:
> /srv/subversion/buildbot/slave/serf-x64-macosx-apr1_5/build/test/test_ssl.c:1771:
>  expected <0> but was <120199>
> (See
> https://ci.apache.org/builders/serf-x64-macosx-apr1.5/builds/5/steps/Test/logs/stdio)
>
> I think I've had these errors on Windows for at least 3 months, probably
> longer.
> (120199 is a generic serf test failure. The cases I looked at return this
> from the test http server)
>

> I have a hard time understanding these tests and I don't know what it would
> take to resolve these.

Enabling logging in serf and the test framework would be a good start I guess.

>         Bert

Lieven