To expand upon my earlier idea ...

petstore
  src/main/java <-- domain objects and service interfaces go here
petstore/petstore-1 <-- specific technology combos
petstore/petstore-2

So you have a petstore.jar artifact produced in the top level module
and petstore-1.war and petstore-2.war in the lower levels.  You are
reusing the domain and service interfaces across all of the different
combo apps.

But if one combo uses facelets and another uses clay, we don't really
want a whole separate war.  Maybe we could have a switch in the maven
build where you select your view technology?  That might be kind of
cool.  I'm working on a project with Matt Raible (creator of appfuse)
right now so maybe he has some ideas on how to cut down on
duplication.  Stylesheets and images are another area where we don't
want to duplicate things.

Sean