IIRC, you filed some RFE requests against dialog for a similar use case, and
we listened :-).  You can fake a restart by programmatically stopping the
current dialog, and then programmatically starting a new one.  Does that do
the trick for you?

I guess this means an action method that returns "dialog:BoatsDialog"
after killing the dialog instance?  Otherwise how would the user be
able to "stop" the dialog simply by clicking a link?

To do this, simply gain access to the DialogContext object (its session
scoped under key "dialog") and call stop().  Then get the
DialogContextManager (session scoped under key Constants.MANAGER_BEAN) and
call create().

Yes I saw this in the docs.  Its definitely an improvement but I stil
think the default (resume the dialog) can be a bit unexpected.  I'm
also running into problems with the MyFaces scrollable datatable.  If
you click on "page 2" nothing happens.  I take it the
NavigationHandler is swallowing the null nav outcome still?

Craig

Sean