>From: "Craig McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> I updated a big first pass fixup on the api-stability page (source is
> framework/src/site/xdoc/api-stability.xml), but the website did not get
> regenerated and republished as it usually does. Is there something we need
> to do to trigger that?
>
> In the mean time, please review the source file for content. A particular
> question for Gary is whether we want to mark any of the "
> org.apache.shale.clay" APIs as being designed for direct use by an
> application developer in a webapp, or if that is all supposed to be behind
> the scenes and all you are doing is using the components themselves in your
> view.

I think your right-on to say that the clay component and metadata sources are
the strongest extension points.

I've thought about making interfaces of the config beans so that it would be
easier to define alternate sources for the metadata used to build the subtree.
This is an area that the JSF spec doesn't address and I wonder if it will be
covered in JSF 2?  I wouldn't be surprised if we see some templating extension
that is similar to facelets which might be another option for Clay to support.

It might be best to keep the published API based at a Component that is
loosely defined by various metadata sources.

Please add the "org.apache.shale.clay" package to the public API list.

> Craig

Gary