On 10/21/07, Mario Ivankovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
> > I sent out an e-mail to the Shale mailing list a week or so ago about the
> > possibility of merging Shale with MyFaces. Development of Shale has become
> > somewhat stale, and I'd rather see MyFaces pickup the pieces than have the
> > code base atrophy The overwhelming consensus for the Shale list is "yes"
> > (and Craig is no exception). What does the MyFaces PMC think?
> >
> I am +1.
>
> I think we just have to define which modules we would like to take over:
> (BTW, this list is not to offend anyone, if this might happen, then
> sorry in advance - it might be just due to not sensitively enough
> choosen english wording.)
>

>     * Application Controller
> Don't know. I thought action oriented frameworks are outdated, though,
> Seam seems to introduce this paradigm again too.
>
>     * Clay
> Don't know. I am happy that we (I) moved away from html to components.
>
>     * Core Library
> Might be a must have
>
>     * Dialog Manager
>     * Dialog Manager (Basic Implementation)
>     * Dialog Manager (SCXML Implementation)
> The Dialog Manager might be a next step for MyFaces Orchestra. Anyway, I
> hope that one of the original developers is still there to help out with
> things.
>
>     * Remoting
> Unsure, as most of this can be done with PPR too.
>
>     * Spring Integration
> Unsure, I didn't get whats the advantage to the intregration with Spring
>
>     * Test Framework
> Must have I think
>
>     * Tiger Extensions
> Interesting, however, I'd like to tell everyone to use Spring as MB
> facility. And then Spring needs to provide such annotations (which are
> already existent I think)
>
>     * Tiles Integration

This is one class[1] and despite what the shale-tiles pom[2] declares,
it doesn't relate to/depend on any other parts of shale - just JSF and
Tiles. So it could just as easily be moved to the tiles TLP. Having
said that, I suggested this a while ago and it was rejected then[3]

Niall

[1] http://tinyurl.com/2ekcr6
[2] http://tinyurl.com/ytg7q2
[3] http://tinyurl.com/2y6ull