Yes, you can apply multiple rewriters to the http response.
This is currently made possible by specifying a list of rewirters to be
applied through
AccelResponseRewriterRegistry<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/trunk/java/gadgets/src/main/java/org/apache/shindig/gadgets/rewrite/AccelResponseRewriterRegistry.java>.
AccelHandler<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/trunk/java/gadgets/src/main/java/org/apache/shindig/gadgets/servlet/AccelHandler.java>goes
over the list of rewriters and chains the response through each
rewriter.
The actual rewriters to be used are specified in
RewriteModule<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shindig/trunk/java/gadgets/src/main/java/org/apache/shindig/gadgets/rewrite/RewriteModule.java>
[Take
a look at @Named("shindig.rewriters.accelerate")]