Hi Jesse:

Re: concat/proxy, that's surprising to me. We (@ Google) use both all the
time, both in gadgets and as a standalone service (in the case of proxy).

In gadgets, resources are proxied in several ways:
A. When the gadget gets rewritten via feature="content-rewrite", which can
be requested explicitly or turned on by default.
B. When gadgets.io.getProxyUrl(...) is called to generate a URL.
C. When devs hard-code the URL (not recommended, but it happens).

Concat is used much less often than Proxy, as it's really just a batched
version of proxy and thus less generically applicable. It's most often used
to consolidate external CSS resource requests into one HTTP request.

--j