From: Isaiah Billingsley [mailto:isaiah.billings...@caseware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:56 PM
To: dev@shindig.apache.org
Subject: Re: Shindig and webapp on same host/domain or not?

Hi Doug,

I was the one asking this same question earlier in the thread you
linked.

What I ended up doing (or rather, what I am still in the process of
implementing) was to run my webapp on a separate server from Shindig,
but with a rewrite rule on my webapp server to my Shindig server.

e.g. http://www.mywebapp.com/shindig/(.*)$  -->
http://www.myshindig.com/$1

This allows my container page to make requests to the shindig server,
since the request is to the same domain. It also gives me the security
of scenario 3, because the gadget iframes are still rendered on
www.myshindig.com as per container config.

Isaiah