From:   Michael Matthews <matth...@oclc.org>
To:     <dev@shindig.apache.org>,
Date:   11/21/2011 02:27 PM
Subject:        Oauth 2 consumer implementation

My organization is investigating implementing a "production-ready" version
of Shindig's OAuth2 Consumer implementation. After reviewing the wiki at
opensocial.org (in particular
http://docs.opensocial.org/display/OSD/OAuth+2.0+Consumer+Implementation+in+

Apache+Shindig) and studying  the code to Shindig's sample OAuth2 Consumer
implementation, it appears that we need to implement our own version of
the
OAuth2PersistenceModule  (e.g. use a database instead of oauth2.json).

Some of our remaining questions center around when/how some of the OAuth2
related data is persisted.

Presumably, a gadget developer will declare what OAuth2 services they use
in
their gadget.xml like so:

<OAuth2>
  <Service name="googleAPI_test" scope="https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/";>
    <Authorization
url="https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/auth";></Authorization>
    <Token url="https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/token";></Token>
  </Service>
</OAuth2>

They will then invoke this service using gadgets.io.makeRequest().

Is the expectation that the Shindig container have this OAuth2 provider
pre-configured before the gadget is rendered?  Is it possible to register
provider (in this case Google) at runtime?

Thanks
Mike