Doug,

Both in-memory and non-caching options could be acceptable.  You could even
provide your own OAuth2Store implementation that doesn't even use the
OAuth2Persistence and OAuth2Cache interfaces.  It's not really possible to
make a recommendation without knowing all the variables in your production
environment.  I can say that from my personal experience (deploying shindig
into a clustered environment) it was necessary to implement more robust
caching of the OAuth2Accessor.