Man, I've been having bad luck with my email addresses lately...
Trying again, please forgive any duplicates.
---
Yeah, for 2 I would be adding the feature in the core dependency group and
that would mean pretty much no matter what container anyone was using
they'd end up sucking in the rpc register for the oauthpopup code.   That
means the gadget feature code would get sucked in too when gadgets that
don't explicitly ask for it are rendered... but the gadget feature code is
smaller now, so it's less of an issue.

Option 3 tries to avoid that, but is messy and is not something I'd want to
set a precedent for in shindig.