I have a scenario where a gadget is rendered from a known url, dropbox lets
say.  If later on if I remove the gadget from dropbox and my container tries
to re-render it I get the message

Unable to retrieve spec for
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/xxxxx/gadgets/oauth2.xml. HTTP error 404

Which seems to come from AbstractSpecFactory.java within Shindig.

However the call to holder.getGadgetInfo still returns the cached entry, so
there is no way for me to detect this scenario so that I can handle it
appropriately in my chrome elements (disable things).

If the gadget url is missing on the very first render, then I get back a
error inside gadgetInfo that is passed to the navigateGadget callback.

I¹m pretty sure I have caching turned off when I render the gadget.

renderParams[osapi.container.RenderParam.NO_CACHE] = true;

Any ideas on how to detect that the gadget xml spec has gone away on the
first scenario?

Thanks,
doug