We ran into an issue today where we had multiple JS includes that were
converted into one big JS file by the ConcatProxyServlet that basically seems
to just (as the name implies) concaternate multiple JS files into one. That is
fine in principle, but it seems that some of the original minified files do not
end with a semi-colon, for example jquery-ui [1]. ECMAscript has rules for
implicit semi-colon insertion, one of which is "at the end of the stream" [2].
This means that when you start concaternating streams, you might need to insert
an explicit semi-colon. However, the ConcatProxyServlet does not do this and we
get JS errors because of it. I would say this is a bug, but I wanted to discuss
it on the list first, before reporting it in Jira. WDYT?

Greetings, Marcel

PS: later versions of jquery-ui DO add an explicit semi-colon so possibly
authors of such libraries are aware of such concat issues and fixing this issue
in a different way, but I still think Shindig should do "the right thing"

[1] http://code.jquery.com/ui/1.8.18/jquery-ui.min.js
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/a/6252209/260424