Dear Shindig developers,

during CeBit, a big German trade fair, I visited the IBM booth and asked
them about a possible interoperability between their new products which are
said to implement OpenSocial 2.0 and Shindig/Rave. Since no technical guy
was available I got the information later on and the answer was: currently,
there is no interoperability but there will be an experts circle soon that
discusses the possibility.

I only got this little piece of information and also not directly from a
technical person, but intermediated through a sales person. Therefore, I
wanted to ask the IBM people on the mailing list how much of this
information is true. I was thinking about Notes delivering activity
information to Shindig or the other way around Open Source software like
XWiki delivering their activity information via OpenSocial to
Notes/Connections instead of Shindig. I was a little bit astonished by the
distinct “no interoperability” which is in contrast to the claimed
OpenSocial compatibility from my perspective.

Regards

René