Thanks Jon, Billie.

Billie,
I totally agree to your point. The agent code and probably any other
python pieces have to be either rewritten or thrown away. An important
point in YARN-4692 is that application owners should be able to bring
their applications in industry standard package formats like Docker say,
and YARN should be able to run them as is without any modifications. This
tells me that the architecture might have to be completely agent-less.
This will make migration of Slider code-base (primarily the client and AM
code) to YARN a little bit simpler. Of course, we still have to think
about how to continue to support existing tarball packages in this
agent-less world.

>From what I understand from this discussion thread over the last 2+ weeks
is that, there is general consensus in the Slider community to pursue this
and initiate further discussions with the YARN community.

If I donĀ¹t hear from anyone else till end of today, I will consider this
discussion thread to be closed.

-Gour