Hi

If you check out sling and try to build by mvn clean install, the
SlingLogWriterTest fails:

 T E S T S
Running org.apache.sling.commons.log.internal.slf4j.SlingLoggerTest
Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.079 sec
Running org.apache.sling.commons.log.internal.slf4j.SizeLimitedFileRotatorTest
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.062 sec
Running org.apache.sling.commons.log.internal.slf4j.SlingLogWriterTest
Tests run: 6, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.141 sec <<<
FAILURE!

Results :

Failed tests:

test_daily_rotation(org.apache.sling.commons.log.internal.slf4j.SlingLogWriterTest)

I guess the reason is that the test at SlingLogWriterTest tests the new
SlingLoggerWriter, but
the test uses the old one (before the update from Felix). I haven't checked
that closely by now
maybe I'm wrong...

Wouldn't it be better to have a build process which really builds the latest
version
(testingversion for integration tests webapp and standalone launchers included)?
IMHO that would increase the quality of the code and makes it easier to test
something
again the newest version. If someone wants something more stable than the
snapshot she/he
would anyway go with the binary build which is available from the site and not
with the
newest source. I know I came up with this a few weeks ago, but like to discuss
it again
because it seems to be really errorprone the way it is today.

WDYT?

best regards
mike